Sunday, January 4, 2015

Easy Chicken Salsa

With the holidays finally over, I can somewhat concentrating on eating healthier. And I've proven to y'all before that my cooking skills are a bare minimum. Which is why I love it when I can find crock pot recipes where you just throw all ingredients in and let it cook through out the day. I came across this one on bodybuilding.com. I love all the ingredients that go into it, so hopefully it turns out good (it's currently working its magic in the crock pot)
Ingredients 
5 lbs thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed* 
16 oz jar of salsa (try to find one that has no sugar added to it or has sugar listed as one of the last ingredients)
28 oz jar of no-sodium diced tomatoes, not drained

Directions
1. Put all ingredients in a Crock-pot. 
2. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-7 hours. 
3. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts
Makes 6 servings
Calories: 147.5
Fat: 4g
Carbs: 7 g
Protein: 22g

*I only got a three lb bag of chicken and that's going to be plenty for me for the whole week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment