Sunday, April 15, 2012

Drive-In Experience

Not sure if many of you people from North Carolina are familiar with the drive-in theater in Albermarle, but last weekend we decided we'd go check it out. I've never been to a drive-in and I was REALLY excited to try this new experience out. My boyfriend and I, along with our good friend Kristyn and her date, drove the hour to Albermarle from Asheboro for dinner and a movie on the big screen.
Now for those of you too young to know what a drive-in is (and I must confess, I'm probably in that age category), it's basically a huge outdoor screen with a projector and you watch the movie from your car. This place had two screens, and depending on which movie you wanted to see, you parked your car towards screen A or screen B and tuned your radio station t0 the matching station. Once it got dark the movies started. The cost was $6 per person, and seeings how you got to see two movies, that's not bad at all! The movie I wanted to see, Mirror Mirror, was the second movie playing, so we had to sit through The Lorax in order to see the other. I'm glad we did, I throughly enjoyed The Lorax. It was soo stinking cute! Mirror Mirror on the other hand wasn't so great. And it very well could have been due to the fact that we were all really tired and not in the mood to sit through another movie... in fact, Travis actually fell asleep and started snoring. LOUDLY.

Overall however, we had a great time. Next time we decide to go back we learned a few things:
1. Go when it's warm enough to sit outside and bring chairs.
2. Make sure everyone is well rested and doesn't have to work the next morning or,
3. Make sure the movie you really want to see is the first movie playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment