Sunday, January 4, 2015

Easy Chicken Salsa

With the holidays finally over, I can somewhat concentrating on eating healthier. And I've proven to y'all before that my cooking skills are a bare minimum. Which is why I love it when I can find crock pot recipes where you just throw all ingredients in and let it cook through out the day. I came across this one on bodybuilding.com. I love all the ingredients that go into it, so hopefully it turns out good (it's currently working its magic in the crock pot)
Ingredients 
5 lbs thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
16 oz jar of salsa (try to find one that has no sugar added to it or has sugar listed as one of the last ingredients)
28 oz jar of no-sodium diced tomatoes, not drained

Directions
1. Put all ingredients in a Crock-pot. 
2. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-7 hours. 
3. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts
Makes 6 servings
Calories: 147.5
Fat: 4g
Carbs: 7 g
Protein: 22g

*I only got a three lb bag of chicken and that's going to be plenty for me for the whole week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment