Friday, June 8, 2012

Diet Coke Chicken

Someone at clinic told me this recipe, and to be honest, I was a bit skeptical. Once you see the ingredients, you'll understand why. However, because it sounded so strange and yet she promised me it was actually pretty good, well of course I had to try it for myself, cause you all know how often I actually cook... She was right though, it was good!


Here's what you need: 
1 Cup of Ketchup
1 Can (12 oz) of a Diet Coke/Pepsi
Chicken




Here's what you do:
Put the THAWED chicken in a pan. (When I didn't understand why I couldn't just put frozen chicken in the pan, my chef of a brother thought I was a cooking failure)
Pour the diet drink and ketchup over the chicken.
Put a lid over it and let it simmer for 45 minutes. Flipping occasionally.
Enjoy!
I accompanied my chicken with cheesy mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. Delish! 


And since it's such an easy recipe, and you've got 45 minutes to let it simmer... you've got time to change a toilet seat while you're waiting! At least that's what I ended up doing. I don't actually recommend doing this unless it's absolutely necessary. 





No comments:

Post a Comment