Monday, May 6, 2013

Rugged Maniac's

Last year a few friends convinced me to enter the Rugged Maniac race, a mud run in Seagrove. I had so much fun doing it last year, that this year I decided to do it again! This time, I talked a bunch of girls from work into doing it as well.
Last year the weather was perfect! This year, not so much. It was cool in the morning, but by the time our wave started at 10:30, it had warmed up a tad, however, the wind was still blowing. 
We had a great time, or at least I'm pretty sure everyone did. I'm not so sure all the girls will be signing up to do it next year with me however. 

Vicki and Ray, whom I ran with last year, and their son Matt. 
Such a goof. 

We had several obstacles to go thru such as wading thru water...
Crawling thru trenches... 
Running across the pond...
Climbing over walls...

 And more walls...
 And jumping from wood posts...
 Crawling thru mud and under barbed-wire...
 Waiting in line for obstacles is always a good photo op!
 Mud/water slide!
More crawling thru mud
And fire jumping
(This was my fire jump from last year and this year) 
And done! 
All the girls from work

This weekend I've got another race in Virginia. It's the "Foam Run", and it's kinda sorta like a mud run, I think. There's mud and slip and slides and foam and fun! I'm looking forward to it as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment