Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Adventure to Africa... on Horseback


Last year, Travis took me to go ride horses. It's something that he really enjoys and I really thought I'd enjoy it to, I mean, what person doesn't like horses, right?? Little did I know what I was about to encounter: a huge four legged creature that had the capability to crush and/or throw me to my doom. After taking off from the pasture, I realized it wasn't going to be that bad. Wrong again. Apparently Jezebel, my horse, had ear mites. What that translated to was she didn't want to venture too far from her home in the pasture and didn't care if I wanted to or not. Not to mention it was HOT that day, and the poor horse was just sweating like crazy. That was the quickest horse ride I've been on.

So, when Travis asked me again if I wanted to go ride horses, I was a bit leery, as you can probably imagine. However, with the promise that Jezebel's ear mites had been fixed and that she really was a good horse, I gave in and tried it again. This time... much better! 






Our horse ride this time was in the little town of Happy Hollow- what a cute name for a horse ride! It was just Travis, his Uncle Mike and me. We had a great time! Went on a relatively long ride and even stopped at the NC Zoo to have our picture made with the Elephants! 



I forgot to mention that right before this horse ride, I had run a 5K that morning. By the end of this ride, my body was KILLING me. My poor little knees weren't sure they'd ever be able to walk again and the next morning my back was cursing me in every language. However, I didn't mind it too bad because I did the same exact thing two weeks later!


This time, it was a HUGE horse ride with LOTS of other people and horses. When I say lots, I'm talking 250+ horses. For this ride, in order to feel like a true country girl on a horse, I purchased a little something for myself...
 I couldn't be left out now, could I?! Everyone had a great time and after the ride there was a BBQ dinner and good times with good people. I can't wait til my next horse ride! Forgot to mention the ABSOLUTELY CUTEST thing I've ever seen: a little boy, maybe seven or eight, that was riding a miniature horse. That horse was barely off the ground. Probably one of the most precious things I've seen. Hate I didn't get a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment