Saturday, May 26, 2012

Jeremiah 29:11

'"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."'  -Jeremiah 29:11


I've heard that that verse since I was in middle school and could repeat it to anyone who asked. However, as I'm becoming older and more wiser (or maybe just older), I'm beginning to understand it rather than just saying it. 


God already knows our plans in life. He made them. However, He gives us a choice to follow them, or follow our own plans. In Jeremiah 29:11, He said that HIS plans will prosper us and not harm us. 


In youth group, what feels like many moons ago, one of the women that volunteered and taught our class told me a story that has always stuck with me. She said:
She used to pray and ask God to show her who she was going to marry. He did one night in a dream. That marriage was difficult on her and in the end not the right one. She realized that she asked God to show her who she was going to marry and not who HE wanted her to marry. 


So having said all this, it's about time for me to graduate. Ten more weeks and I couldn't be more excited!   With all this excitement there is also a lot of stress, anticipation, and worry with becoming ready for the registry and then trying to find a job somewhere. It's scary really. I'm growing up and would rather just move to Neverland with Peter, but I couldn't find any airline that offers flights to Neverland so that's out of the question. I've applied for a few jobs now, and have heard about an opening at Moses Cone in Greensboro and also applied there. 
  
Instead of Neverland, I'll just keep praying that God opens the right doors for me and uses me where He wants me.

No comments:

Post a Comment