Sunday, March 17, 2013

St Patty's Day Parking Failures

A few years ago, a few of us went out to Greensboro to celebrate St. Patty's day. I drove. Being a holiday that Americans like to celebrate, there were people EVERYWHERE in downtown Greensboro and parking was equally as bad. I ended up parking where everyone else was parking. We got out and went on with our night. When I went back to the car, I was surprised to find it was no longer there. Apparently I didn't see the signs that said "No Parking, Towing Enforced" due to all the other cars that were blocking them. A very expensive lesson learned. 
So yesterday I went to meet my friend, Eric, in Raleigh for sushi. Turns out that everyone was celebrating St. Patty's day in downtown Raleigh as well. Again, I circled the blocks twice looking for a spot. Finally I found one and pulled in. Went out and enjoyed our sushi and when I came back to the car I found a lovely little ticket on my windshield. Apparently parking in front of a water hydrant is illegal. Whoops, didn't even cross my mind. Another lesson learned I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment