Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Extreme Makeover, Megan Edition




On my list of things I despise the most, painting is probably in the top five. I absolutely dread it! And every time I do it, I always say that I'll just pay someone next time to do it for me. Well, my very good friend Ashley Bunch, just LOVES to paint and redecorate things in her house. So one day after she told me she was redoing her bathroom, I got the bright idea that it was time for a change in my room. And being that I had the entire day off a few Fridays ago, (which NEVER happens) I thought I'd take advantage of it and paint my room. Soooo, that Thursday after work, I came home all geared up and ready to get to work. I had a nice plan in my head for what I was going to do. After getting everything moved out, I set to work priming. Half way through, I began to question my attempt, after all, I HATE PAINTING! But it was too late to stop, so I kept going. Til 2am I stayed awake and primed the walls, the ceiling and the trim. By that point I had to find a stopping point and hit the couch. When my alarm went off Friday morning at 6am, I was determined to finish by noon and get everything back together that evening.... but by noon I only had HALF the trim painted. After running out of tape and having to go get more. I finally started on the wall color around three, only to figure out that I did not like the color I got. It was a dooky brown. Who wants the color of dooky on their walls?! Not this girl, that's who! So off to Lowes I went to get a lighter shade. Ashley Bunch, being the ANGEL that she is, came by after she got off and helped me finish. We got my bed moved back in just so I could crash for the night. All day at work on Saturday though, the woman in me started to show, because all I could think about was how much I didn't think I liked the color I had painted on my walls. By Saturday afternoon, I had decided that I was going to paint it once again, while I still had the tape on the trim. Long story a little bit less long, it's almost been two weeks and I'm 98% finished with my new room. Here's the transformation:


Before
I decided that lime green was cool, but didn't look very appropriate for a 23yr adult. And excuse the mess...
Mommy, where am I suppose to sleep???
Lending a helping hand to a sister in need.


After
Much more appropriate for my age I think. I absolutely LOVE it.
And even though I don't really watch tv, I thought one would look great in my room! Maybe I'll start.

No comments:

Post a Comment