Monday, November 19, 2012

Happiest 5K on the Planet

You should all know by now that I like to run. You should also know that I'm a very happy and energetic person. Which would only make sense that I was going to partake in the Color Run, since it is advertised as "The Happiest 5K on the Planet". 

What is 'The Color Run' you might be thinking? Well it's a 5K in which THOUSANDS of people run/walk/skip through, while different colors are thrown on the runners throughout the course. At the end of the run, there's a huge after party involving more color throws, dancing, throwing of free stuff, and lots of laughs and smiles. 

My friends Kristyn, Kelsey, Stacy, Michael and I all showed up to run at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC. Everyone there looked silly, and if you didn't then you didn't fit it. We had on white shirts, black pants, and tu-tu's that I had made- one for each color of the rainbow. 
Just for the record, I hadn't made Michael a tu-tu since that doesn't seem very manly. However, my friend Robyn wasn't able to attend at the last minute so there was an extra tu-tu and he wore it like a champ! He was SUCH a good sport to run with all us ladies.


 
 So we were all gathered like cattle towards the starting line. Everyone in their white shirts and whatever tacky outfit they chose to showoff. I saw some people with angel wings, capes, masks- even saw a "bride" and "groom" which I thought was great. Then they let a good sized group through, and then cut it off again, so everyone wouldn't be tripping over everyone else. 
I love this photo even though I look ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. We were about to go through and someone caught my excitement. 
Before getting to any color... 
Coming up on our first color.. blue!  
And then more color...

I'm not going to lie, we had way too much fun with the color, as did most people there. And it's a good thing we weren't running for time or anything, because we stopped along the way several times to take pictures and we might have even spent a little too much time at the color stations... 

However we did finish the race! 

And after the race was the after party where we had even more fun and even more color! Dancing, jumping, shouting and color throwing were highly encouraged. 

And this is what a color throw looks like from outside the crowd...  
Pretty awesome huh? 
And from inside the crowd... 

By the end of the day, we were a MESS, but we had SO MUCH FUN! It took me three times to wash all the color out of my hair when I got home. Definitely something I want to partake in again! 









No comments:

Post a Comment