Tuesday, January 29, 2013

One Extreme to Another

When we arrived back from our cruise, we were greeted with snow back in NC. How lovely. Well since I had the weekend off, I decided to cross another item off on my bucket list... Snowboarding! Adam, a good buddy of mine was capable of making my spontaneous trip to Boone and my friend Kristyn let me borrow her equipment. Without them, this item would still be uncrossed on my list. 

Adam and I had a blast... errr at least I did. Poor Adam tried to teach me what to do. He watched me fall, helped me up, and continued to help me up after each fall. He was such a sport. After a few hours I finally got the hang of everything. It's a lot harder than people make it look. Not being able to move your feet is tough. Other then the fact that everyone else in NC had decided to also go snowboarding/skiing that day too, it was a perfect day to go. Considering we were in the snow, it was actually warm. Like it got hot at some points and we were sweating. 

Bunny Slope
I told you he was a sport... tying my boots. 
Ski Lift
One of my "graceful" falls. 
Finally, after five minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment