Monday, September 8, 2014

Book Reports

As a child, I HATED book reports. Hated. Having to read a book, heaven forbid, and then writing a report... it was terrible. Now years later, I'm sorta doing the same thing on my own accord. Ha

A few months ago I got on a reading kick. I go through these every now and then and can finish a book within a couple of weeks. For those of ya'll that can finish one in a day or few days, let me point out that a few weeks is super fast for the slow reader that I am.

Anyways, a while back I had come across Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes by Denise Grover Swank on my iBooks library. It was in the free section and so I thought I'd try it out. And I'm going to be completely honest, I judge books by their covers, and thought it also looked interesting. After downloading it and starting to read it, I couldn't put it down. It's a murder mystery involving a small town girl who has never done anything wrong her entire life, and now she's the prime suspect in her mothers death. I'd give you more details, but I think it's truly just a fun read. I got to the end and find out that there's a whole series to these books! I was ecstatic because honestly I was sad it was almost over. The author has come out with five book in the series so far but I had to wait a few months for her most recent (which I just got last night and started) and so while I was waiting, read a few other books and I'll give a brief overview of those.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: I'm sure you've probably heard of this because it's now out in theaters. My hairdresser told me about this and that it was going to be a movie so I thought I'd read it before it came out. It's about two teenagers who have cancer and kinda tells their story. While it was sad and a decent read, I honestly wasn't crazy about it and haven't had the urge to see the movie.

The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks: This too is going to be a movie soon. And actually, as most his movies, it's shot here in NC and I've been trying my hardest to be an extra in the movie. My aunt and uncle actually got to be extras and my uncle will probably end up having his footage in the movie. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors and this book was a very good read. It flips back and forth between two different, but very interesting stories and you can't put the book down because you want to know how they're connected.
Ladies Night by Mary Kay Andrews: I've read a couple of her books and they're so much fun! I just highly recommend you read this one about a group of ladies from a divorce group. It's quite the comical, edge of your seat drama.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: Surprise! This is ALSO going to be a movie. I just saw the previews for it a few weeks ago, but I had no idea until I was a few hundred pages into the book. My hair stylist also recommend this book, but I'll be completely honest, it took me awhile to get into it. And I probably wouldn't have finished it except I saw the previews for the movie, but once I finally got into it, I would stay up late at night reading it. It's about a woman who goes missing and the police start to suspect her husband. Brace yourself for some crude and vulgar words and a TWISTED plot. Also, it's a bit of a long read at around 675 pages (that's what my ipad had it at anyways).





1 comment:

  1. AH! I have really been wanting to read Gone Girl, I need to get it now!

    ReplyDelete