Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pit Bulls and Misconceptions

When Wade informed me that he was the owner of a Pit Bull, I'll be honest, I said, "Is it mean?!" totally serious. Most people associate Pit Bulls as being vicious, biting, child murdering devils. I'm here to bring light to this misconception.

Introduce Lana:

Lana is a five and a half year old Pit, and is the SWEETEST, most well behaved dog I've ever encountered. The only thing she's guilty of is licking too much and wanting affection. She could play frisbee all day long if you let her, and gets along great with the three cats she shares a home with. 

I do realize that Pits can be an aggressive dog, but so can ANY dog if its raised/treated the wrong way. If you don't already watch Pit Bulls and Parolees, I advise you to do so, or just one episode. It's about this Pit Rescue in New Orleans and gives a good insight to this breed along with other dogs. 

Lana goes camping or on vacation with the Lawson's EVERYWHERE. It's amazing how many campgrounds wont allow Pit Bulls. That makes their camping choices selective and there's been times we still get looks and comments about her being a Pit. After knowing Lana for over a year, it really makes me angry that people just assume the worst about this breed. Like I said before, I understand why they have a bad rep, there's been numerous cases involving Pit Bulls, I get it. I feel bad for those who blow off Pits and don't want anything to do with them because they are really sweet animals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment