Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Upcoming Events

I get really depressed if I have nothing on my calendar to look forward to. Ok, maybe not depressed, but I don't like it. Therefore, I try to always have something scheduled, and hopefully a trip of some sorts in the mix. Sometimes, I have so much scheduled that I find it hard to keep up with what's going on and am afraid I'll double book something. That's the case lately, but I love staying busy! Let me give you on idea of what my schedule looks like.
My mother will appreciate this since sometimes I forget to tell her I'm going somewhere and never come home for the weekend. This seriously happened a few years back. I went to the mountains with my friend Kelsey and her family. Another one of my friends asked my mother how I was liking the mountains, and my mother had no idea what she was talking about.

Since I start my new job on the 22nd, we're (Wade, Adam, Lily and myself) are making a quick trip to Clearwater, FL. We've been wanting to go here all summer and I threw the idea out there last week to finally go for a long weekend. Everyone was in and able to go, so I booked everything and I'm super excited about this trip. This is one of Wade and mines favorite spots. We'll spend a few nights in Clearwater, and then travel an hour to Weeki Wachee, FL where we'll kayak.
Ya'll, if you've never been kayaking on the Weeki Wachee river, you MUST. It's absoulely a beautiful place and both times I've been before have kayaked right along side manatees. You can spend all day on the river (it's not whitewater kayaking, sorry Michael) and stop to swim and have lunch or whatever. There's even rope swings.












When I return, I have another interview on the 17th. I know I'm suppose to start my new job on the 22nd, and this is all really horrible timing, BUT this is a job interview for a full time position at Wake Forest. I figured it wouldn't hurt to see about it seeings how I need something full time. I'm just praying that God opens which ever door is better and my choice is clear.

As of right now, it's not set in stone, but the following weekend- the 20th and 21st, Wades parents are planning a kayaking trip to the New River (again, sorry Michael- no whitewater).

The next weekend, my good friend Matthew Williams is getting married in Charlotte. I love weddings! Not for the romantics and such, but just to see the different types of weddings people plan. I mean, it helps me to possibly see what I would and wouldn't want if I had a wedding one day.

That gets me through this month and leads us into October. Fall!! I know its fall before October, but I always recognize fall as October.

Any who, the month of October includes the Balloon Festival in Statesville, a bodybuilding competition in Charlotte where one of my biggest inspirations will be, and camping for Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment