Tuesday, July 19, 2011

North Carolina Luau's

That's right, luau's aren't just for Hawaii. Well maybe the ACTUAL luau's with the hot Hawaiian men are for Hawaii, but North Carolina can still throw a pretty awesome luau, just ask the residents of Clapp's Mountaintop.
On Saturday, after a few weeks of planning, Debi Carlisle and I threw a luau party for the residents. And not to brag on ourselves but, I think we threw one heck of a party. They all got lei'd (with lei's of course!) when they came into the dining room and the food was complete with coconut chicken skewers, Hawaiian meatballs, ham and pineapple kabobs, and other snack foods. The residents felt like they were actually in Hawaii, oh and we even had little umbrellas for the punch! I actually have to give most of the credit to Debi, I just showed up and played along, but I had a good time as well! The Whelchel's, one of the residents daughter and son-in-law, whom I actually met for the first time in Hawaii (I blogged about them a few months back) came as well. The residents were told to dress for the beach, and most did, some even wore grass skirts! Here's a few pictures from Saturday.

Some of the decorations.
Aren't these cute!
Enjoying the nice weather on the patio. Believe it or not it was only 85 degrees. PERFECT weather!
Fully dressed in her grass skirt.

This was me at my first ever laua in 2007 (I can't believe I was able to find this picture by the way). I want you to take a second and check out the girl on the far left.... the one with the coconut bra. Now scroll down...





She's got NOTHING on Debi!
Debi if you happen to read this, please don't kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment