Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mud Run

Running has never been something that I find much joy in. In fact, usually I'm cursing and gasping for air and hating life if I have to do it. However, it's good for you. So people have told me. And I used to do a bit of running every now and then on a treadmill. But when I gained seven pounds over the Thanksgiving break, I was pretty determined to do something about that. Therefore I decided to start running since I'm too cheap to pay for a gym membership and would never go. So what better way to make myself run then decide I'm going to run a 5K, right? So I put "Run a 5K" on my bucket list.
I've started out kinda slow. But now 2 weeks into running, I'm at 1.2 miles in 13 minutes. Not too bad for me I guess. I hope to partake in a 5K within the next month or two, just to do it. However, I've got the ultimate goal set for April.... a mud run. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, it's the ultimate down and dirty, difficult 5K. The one I'm looking at doing is in Asheboro on a motor bike course. It's involves crawling through tunnels, climbing over walls, climbing up rope walls, mud slides and much much more. I think there's 13 obstacles in a 3.1 mile run. I've pretty much already decided that I'm going to enter this race, just for fun. So, here's to the new year, and to hoping I accomplish this item on my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment