Monday, January 2, 2012

The Whelchels and Bucket Lists



So if you keep up with my life and blog, you might remember me blogging about meeting the Whelchels in Hawaii. Well since then I've seen Kim and Lon a few times when they've come down to visit Kim's parents at the "home" as they call it. I absolutely adore that entire family. But what do the Whelchels have to do with bucket lists you may be wondering? Well again, if you keep up with my blog, you'd know that I've wanted to partake in a flash mob. Just so happens that Kim Whelchel wanted to do a flash mob too so she coordinated one and I just had to join! They've been trying to get me to come visit them in VA anyways, so I figured I could kill two birds with one stone and do both. So I drove to Richmond to stay the night with them and participate in the flash mob the next day. Everyone was home for the holidays, so it was like Waikiki all over again. They are full of so much energy and enthusiasm, it's hard not to have a good time around them.

The flash mob wasn't like what you'd see done by professionals, but nonetheless there was a great turn out of people and everyone had a good time. A news camera guy was even there to capture the entire thing for the news that day. We danced to Feliz Navidad and wished everyone a Merry Christmas at the end. I can't say that I was a great addition to the mob seeings how I had only practiced it twice the night before, but I stayed in the back and had a good time acting like I knew what I was doing.

The mob. I'm there in the grey sweater.

Not sure If the link above will work, but since it's not on youtube and I don't have footage of my own, the only way I've got access to a video is on Kim's facebook. So I think you're gonna have to be logged in to facebook to access the videos. If it does work, then click on the one that says Dec. 23.


But here's a video of probably one of the greatest flash mobs I've ever seen. Check it out if you've got time.

No comments:

Post a Comment