Monday, October 6, 2014

Work Hard, Play Hard

I started my new job two weeks ago and have been very busy, therefore I've neglected blogging. It happens. The good news is I absolutely LOVE my job. That's all there is to it. I love my co-workers, the atmosphere, the fact that we get off early on Fridays, EVERYTHING. I just don't love the fact that I didn't get full time. I've been working the past two weeks, and I'll work on Monday and Tuesday of next week, and then it's back to Biscuitville until they need me again. Unless something changes and I get full time somewhere else, I'll be working every Thursday starting in November and then be full time for three months when one of the therapists goes on maternity leave. 

Before I started work, we made a last minute trip to Florida to get away and have some fun. One of our favorite places to visit is Clearwater, FL. It's just wonderful. Adam and Lily accompanied us and we had a marvelous time. We chilled on the beach and went to the Clearwater Aquarime and saw Winter and Hope from the new movie, Dolphin Tale 2. It was a very relaxing and fun time, other than the fact that I got attacked by seagulls. Literally, attacked. They saw Lily and me eating sandwhiches on the beach and swarmed us. When they got away with half my sandwhich, I went to eating pringles. A stealthy sneaky bird suddenly flew in from behind and grabbed the pringle out of my hand, catching my finger in the process. I was dumbfounded and pissed! 
I got to hold Winters Tale! 
Clearwater Sunsets are the absolute BEST. They never disappoint. 
The last day we were in Clearwater, we rented paddle boards. I've tried one before in the Bahamas and thought that everyone else would like them as well. It was hilarious to watch everyone try to brave standing up and balancing on them, they look easier than they really are. We took Wades camera out in the ocean to get photos. Being that it was an underwater camera and was attached to a floating strap, I thought it'd be fine. Wrong. The camera had a "quick release" button from the floating strap. Somehow in the process of Wade falling down and getting back up on his board, the button got pressed and we were left with an empty floating strap and a lost camera. :(   We were really bummed about the camera and the lost photos from the day. We did at least get a few from my camera. 
A trip to Clearwater isn't complete unless we stop in Weeki Wachee for a day on the way back. We love to kayak this river. It's extremely easy and not to mention EXTREMELY GORGEOUS. Most times you can see manatees swimming in the river, we weren't so lucky this time though- no manatees. 

Can't wait to go back! 


1 comment:

  1. I'll never forget how the first movie Michael and I watched together was dolphin tale haha. So jealous of all your trips!

    ReplyDelete