Monday, April 25, 2011

Good Friday Fun

What do you do when it's cold, rainy and dreary oustide and looks like this?
You decorate Easter Eggs of course! I've been trying to brainstorm ideas to give the residents where I work, something to do. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like sometimes they may get bored, so I wanted to do something nice for them. When I asked my G-ma what I could do, she said God would provide me with an answer, she was right. I had Friday morning off work and thought that decorating eggs would be a good fun Easter thing to do.
Friday afternoon, after Ashley and I set everything up and pre-boiled 30 eggs, some of the residents piled into the dinning room to create their very own piece of art. We all had a great time and everyone got to decorate multiple eggs while sharing a good laugh with the other residents.
The ladies and their artwork.
Our display of finished eggs. Aren't they pretty?!
I even got to be creative and do a few for myself. I can't take the credit for the peacock egg though, that idea was my friend Kristyn Flinchum's, I just carried out her idea.

The egg decorating was a hit! And since they enjoyed it so much, we were invited to come back once a month to do some other things with them. So if anyone has any ideas they want to throw my way as to what other fun activities we could try, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment