Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Human Brain

One of the greatest and most complex organs of the human body is the brain. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it is, but I'm sure you all have some kind of idea. Researching it, I found a few interesting facts. Did you know that the reason you can not tickle yourself is because the brain can distinguish between unexpected external touch and your own actual touch? Or that the brain has no pain receptors and therefore does not feel pain? I bet you didn't know that there are 100,000 miles of blood vessels in the brain or that at the age of 18 it stops growing? But enough of all the fascinating facts on the brain and on to where this blog is going....
As fascinating as the brain is, it is also a sponge that soaks up knowledge and anything else that it is presented with. Sixteen years of schooling, I've had to learn a lot to graduate. But the one thing that isn't so fascinating... how quickly you forget things.
There's two things that I like to think that I excel at: Sleeping and Remembering things. Funny because sleeping is the best time for your brain to consolidate all the memories from the day. I like to say that because I like to sleep, I have enhanced my memory. The only problem is, apparently I retain moments and events and not things I learned in Radiography school. And right now that's not a good thing.
After my interview on the 19th, I'll have a test to take on things we learned in school. Anatomy, physics, patient care, and such will be on this test. Wanting to do well, I thought I'd review some of the things I learned in school. I'm not sure I'm going to have enough time... I've forgotten everything! It's also funny how distracted one can become. I got on my computer to review some more and ended up researching the brain and now writing this blog. Guess I'll get back to my studying now....

No comments:

Post a Comment