Thursday, April 28, 2011

Outsmarting The Credit Card Companies

The credit card companies make millions upon millions each year. My friend works for American Express and with all the cruises she's been on in the past year, I don't think she's hurting at all. However, this is one girl that pulled one over on them.
When I signed up for my very first major credit card, I chose one with no annual fee because I was only planning on using it for those stupid incidences when you're required to have a major credit card, such as renting a car. But when I called to activate my new card, the nice lady informed me of all the "bonuses" that I could partake in. Like 5% back on certain purchases and what not. But the only thing I comprehended was that if I spent $500 within the next few months, I would get a bonus of 10,000 points. 10,000 points also transfers to $100 cash back or other great prizes I could have chose from.
How convenient! I just so happened to be purchasing a new computer which ended up costing me that amount. Since I was going to pay for it with cash anyways, I thought I would put it on my credit card and get all those wonderful points!
What that translated into was $100 off my overall purchase when I paid off my credit card this month and didn't have to pay interest. So, thank you Chase Freedom for giving me $100 to put towards my computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment