Thursday, August 21, 2014

Are you really going to drink that?!

I've become pretty obsessed lately. My Nana sent me a Nutribullet, you know, the crazy blenders you see on television commercials that's suppose to be WAAAYYYY better than regular blenders. I think she bought one and got one free or something. Anyways, I've never been a huge smoothie drinker or anything, and this especially is more for "juicing" I think. Not to mention I think it's HUGE and takes up a lot of space.
However, in the morning and after my work outs I drink a protein shake. I used to just put the protein powder in a shaker bottle and hand shake it. And I still do in the evenings at the gym, but in the mornings I thought I'd give the Nutribullet a shot to show me what it could do.
For the first few weeks I was just taking a cup of unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (Ya'll, I'm crazy about this stuff! It's such a better substitute for milk and way less calories, not to mention it taste great!!) and mixing it with my protein.
But lately I've been seeing different concoctions posted by others on Instagram and thought I'd get brave. After all, I do have a very expensive blender that is suppose to work wonders, right?
Here's one of my latest drinks:
-half frozen bananna
-1/2 cup frozen strawberries
-4 egg whites
-1/2 cup oats
-2 scoops strawberry protein
-1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
-three packs splenda

Sounds gross, right? And that 'before' picture doesn't help wonders either. I too thought it looked gross and was hesitant. However, it was very good! It was a bit thick, maybe next time if I try those ingredients I'll add more milk. 

I've tried other things and have yet to come across something that is terrible that I wont drink it. I've even started adding Kale to some of my concoctions. In case you're not familiar with Kale- it's kinda like a spinach. It's a fun way to spice up my regular protein shake by adding more protein and essentially turning it into my breakfast shake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment