Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Busy Busy Weekend

This past weekend literally flew by. I had something going on Friday-Sunday and felt like I was constantly on the go. Needless to say I slept in late on Monday.

Friday morning I had a second interview at Alamance Regional Hospital. It went well and I'm hoping to hear something from them this week. It literally would  be a dream job for me and I've had lots of people praying for me. 

Saturday we went to a bodybuilding competition in Greensboro. We left early to get dinner (or actually a late lunch) before hand. We went to Outback and due to a few over cooked steaks and a spilt beverage on Adam, ended up getting our entire check for free. Sweet! 
The show was good too. As usual, it was long, but we got to meet Victor Martinez and see a lot of people who put in a lot of hard work to compete on stage. 

Sunday involved driving to Jacksonville, NC for my g-paws surprise 80th birthday party. We hardly ever go to Jacksonville, so it was good to see all our family and cousins that live down that way. We had a great time and I ate lots of delicious hot dogs, hamburgers, cake and ice cream! We also took my mother on a tour of most the farm on a golf cart which she enjoyed. It was a beautiful day for some photos and we even tried to re-create a photo from over 10 years ago when we were kids. 

This is my G-paw with his three kids. 
(Technically he's my step-granddady, but he was married to my grandmother before I was born and he's been around my entire life.)
And all the grandchildren that were present. We're missing four. 
This is not just a picture of a tree. While we were taking pictures, my monkey of a father was climbing trees to look at deer in a nearby field.
Grandparents with their children and spouses. 




And here's the picture we tried to recreate. Granted we were missing three of the original members and did the best we could without them. Sarah (the driver in the original photo wasn't present so we substituted Amber, Eric's wife, in her spot. Michael and Elliot are also not present. But it's amazing how much we've all changed over the years. Harrison, the small guy standing in between Eric and me is now the biggest one of the bunch.





1 comment: