Monday, August 25, 2014

Protein Pops

I used to make cake pops ALL the time. I'm sure there was an easier way to do them, but they way I did them took A LOT of time and money. Not to mention it was nothing but chocolate and sugar.
Wade found a recipe for a Protein Pop on Instagram and I thought I'd give it a shot. I liked all the ingredients that it called for, so it couldn't be bad. Here's what you need:

Pops-
2 Large Bananas 
1 Cup Greek Yogurt (I got Vanilla Flavored)
2 Scoops Protein (Chocolate Peanut Butter Flavor)

Toppings-
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Almonds (I don't like nuts so I left this out)
Sprinkles! 

You Also Need:
Food processor/Blender
Cake Pop Sticks
Ice Cube Tray 
Baking Sheet
Parchment Paper

Here's What You Do: 
In a food processor or blender, mix the yogurt, the bananas, and protein powder. If you need to borrow some protein powder, just ask. I've got plenty. Then pour the mix into ice cube trays and put in the freezer. On my next go at this, I think I'll try a cake pop mold, the ice cube trays did work, but the end result was a bit big and wouldn't fit into a regular cake pop baggie. 
After waiting about an hour or so, until the mix is semi-frozen, take the cake pops out and insert the sticks into them, then put them back into the freezer to freeze over night. You can leave them in the mold, I didn't, but probably should have. 
The next day, when they are good and frozen, take and melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together. I did find that the recipes amount of topping wasn't enough to cover all the pops that the mix had made and I had to make four extras. 
After getting the mixture out, pull the pops out and work quickly! Dipping them in the mix (or spooning it on), adding topping (nuts, sprinkles or both) and then placing it on parchment paper and returning it to the freezer. 
After they are good and frozen, enjoy! 
I will advise to eat them quickly after taking them out of the freezer. Unlike cake pops, these will melt. 



Also,  you can take just the mix, and make a healthier type of ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment