Saturday, February 12, 2011

Waikiki with the Whelchel's

One of my favorite residents where I work has a granddaughter, Lindsey, around my age who happens to live and work in Waikiki. When I told them I would be spending a few months out here, they told me I should meet up where her. Contacts were exchanged and we set up a dinner date last night. Turns out her family was visiting so not only did I get to meet her, but the whole family too!

I drove downtown to Waikiki and meet them at their hotel. After everyone was ready, we walked to a small little whole in the wall called Genius Lounge. It was a really cool place, with good spaghetti and some sort of Japanese drink that tasted like sweet tea. The Whelchel's were super nice and very inviting, making me feel right at home. Walking to and from the lounge, I've never heard more cat calls from guys passing by in my entire life. Lindsey said it was just guys on vacation being stupid and it happened all the time but, if I were a guy passing 5 blonde ladies and 1 man, I would probably give a shout out too. Mrs. Whelchel was all about taking photos, and I'm glad she did because I never once pulled out my camera.

The only down to Waikiki is the expense. Everything is more expensive down there and because I wasn't paying attention, my parking bill after four hours was a whopping $32! I was outraged! Oh well, you live and learn I suppose.




The Whelchel girls and myself

Mrs. Whelchel

No comments:

Post a Comment