Thursday, July 31, 2014

Five Things That Scare Me The Most

I'm not the bravest soul on the planet, a lot of things will make me sweat. Here's a list of the top five. 

1. The dark. I'm TERRIFIED of the dark. Who knows what's out there?! Sometimes when I'll get home at night, I'll run to get inside the house. I know it's silly, but I just imagine robbers or other scary animals and feel if I'm inside, all will be better.
2. Drowning. I'm not the best swimmer. I can manage to stay above water, but one time when I was younger, that wasn't exactly the case. We were at Emerald Point with girl scouts or a church group, can't remember which, and I wanted to swim out to the pirate ship. I made it to the deeper end and got tired. I was holding on to the rope for dear life but thankfully the lifeguard saw my struggles and brought me back to the shallow end. The fear and panic of knowing you're getting tired and possibly will have your lungs fill with water is scary. 
3. Being alone in a house. I don't like it. I would prefer to be with someone. 99% of the time my mother is home, however, that didn't use to be the case. I'm paranoid and think that someone is going to break in. 
4. Heights. I don't mind bridges, flying, or even being high up. I guess what I should have said is being high up on ledges or mountains and looking over. I don't like knowing that I could slip and fall a very long way to my death. I won't get too terribly close to the edge if I'm high up. If I'm going down a steep rocky path, I'll scoot down on my butt cause I'm afraid I'll lose my balance and tumble to the bottom. 
5. Getting in a car accident. I'm not sure anyone who isn't afraid of this or WANTS to do it, but I was drawing a blank for #5. Especially after my last accident, I want to avoid them at all cost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment