Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I spoke too soon...

In my last blog I said things couldn't get much worse... well they did. I dropped my iPhone this morning and shattered the screen. YIKES! I haven't had the phone very long and I was sick to my stomach as soon as I saw how it had landed. I didn't want to pick it up and see the damage.
However, in my last blog I also said I was able to deal with whatever was thrown my way, and I did.
After doing some research, I had three options:
1.) Try a fix-it-yourself kit. No thanks.
2.) Take it to the apple store and have them send it off for 3-6 days and cost me $200+. Ehhh
3.) Try and find someone or some place that fixed cracked iPhone screens.
Somehow, and I have no clue how, I stumbled upon iCracked.com and got Frank Harmuth's number as the local service guy in Greensboro. He had lots of great reviews on Yelp and I thought I'd give him a call to see what the deal was. After talking to him, he assured me he would be able to fix my phone in a matter of 15-20 minutes and it would only cost me $85.
I drove to Greensboro shortly after, met him at Barnes & Nobel's cafe (don't worry G-maw, it was a public place and he had another customer with him) and he got to work. It was amazing to watch him work. I don't recommend you try a fix-it-yourself kit unless you're an engineer and have lots of patience. Theres so many tiny parts involved and if everything isn't in it's perfect place, you're not going to have a phone that operates correctly. Frank knew what he was doing and it took him no time. He was very polite and explained every part and what he was doing.
So if anyone has a cracked screen and needs help, I highly recommend you look up iCracked.com to find a service man in your area. If you're close to the Greensboro area, hit up Frank! I was VERY pleased.





No comments:

Post a Comment