Thursday, March 31, 2011

An Apple A Day...


...is suppose to keep the doctor away, right? Well after waking up this morning at 4:30 am to go wait outside of a silly store, in the cold weather to get this apple, I need to see a doctor to make sure I'm not crazy. That's right... I waited in line for a new ipad 2. I had been wanting one and when I went to go get one, was told they were sold out, but was informed they would have some in the next day. Well the next day before going all the way up to Greensboro, I called to make sure they got them in. Sold out. So the next day, same thing. I finally asked the sales clerk when they would get some in. He informed me that they got them in everyday and they went on sale at 9:00am. So that next day I had off and decided I would be there at nine am to get mine. Boy was I wrong! At nine o'clock there was a line out the store about fifty yards long. Wanna take a guess as to who didn't get an ipad that day? The answer is Big Bird... and myself. Leaving empty handed, I made my way back to Asheboro determined to get one on my next day off.


Now in the meantime, if you read my blog regularly, you'd know that I had to take my MacBook back due to a spill. Best Buy happened to call me two days ago to inform me that it was not repairable, but due to my warranty, was allowed to get a new one. Heck YES! Don't get me wrong, I loved my old one. We were best friends, but I didn't always treat her with the best of care. She had a few scratches and dents and what not, so when I was told I could get another one, I was more than extatic! So I made my game plan for Thursday: Apple store bright and early for my ipad, followed by Best Buy for my laptop.

I set my alarm for 4:30, took a shower and got ready. Grabbing breakfast at McDonalds, I was on the road to Greensboro at 5:45. I pulled into the Friendly Parking Lot to find just ONE other car there waiting. We waited for a good while until another car pulled up next to me (and I'd just like to take a second to say that both cars had Asians inside them. Not that that matters, but Asians are on top of their game.) Then a few more cars, but everyone remained in their nice toasty cars. Who wants to get out and stand in line in 40 degrees weather unless they have to right? That's what was on my mind UNTIL the old man showed up. Getting there at 8:45, grandpa makes a mad dash for the door with his chair and marked his territory, so of course the rest of the anxious crowd hurried to follow suit and stand in the cold. Luckily I managed to get third in line. So after standing in line for an hour, I was able to get my hands on an ipad 2. Now it's not the one that I had picked out originally, but I'm still happy with my purchase.

Old man who wasn't messing around

Starting to get all lined up

Then it was off to Best Buy. There I was able to get a newer version of my original computer for just a small extra fee. So after getting my double dose of apple today, I'm a happy and healthy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment