Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Last Few Days

Before leaving Hawaii, I wanted to squeeze in all that I could. However, the beginning part of my last week was not very weather premitting. Wednesday, I woke up with every intention of going to check out the Pali lookout and some beaches that Sarah had recommended. What did I find when I woke up? Rain! It was nasty outside and it kinda dampened my mood, but I decided to suck it up and go anyways. Who knew, maybe the sun was shining down at the lookout, but unless I went, I wouldn't know. Driving towards Pali highway, the sun looked like it might actually make its way out, but as soon as I got on the highway, guess what? It was the nastiest I had seen it all day. By the time I got to the lookout, you couldn't see two feet in front of you so I completely by-passed it with the hopes that it would be sunny towards the beach, and it was. For the twenty minutes that I was at the beach, it wasn't raining, but as soon as I got in the car and left, the rain found me again so I just headed back home to watch Oprah.
The next day, I thought I'd give the Pali lookout another go. It wasn't too bad outside and by the time I got to the lookout, it had cleared up nicely with the exception of a very strong wind. That just happened to be the same night when the whole tsunami scare went down.

On Friday, after the evacuation the night before, it was beautiful and sunny and I got to catch a few rays by the pool.
Saturday was a relaxing day after the twins music class. Sunday after church, I went down to Ko Olina, picked up Trent and headed towards Waianae to take a few pictures. Then it was date night with Jessi. Auntie Sarah watched the twins so we could go watch a couple of movies. We saw Beastly and Red Riding Hood, a double feature!...both were good.
Ko Olina lagoon
Monday was another relaxing day and the Bachelor season finale. Which brings us to Tuesday... leaving day. I got to spend some quality time with the babies in the morning, chill by the pool with Trent in the evening, and then gather all my belongings up and head for the airport later that night. I can't believe two months have gone by this fast! Holden and Nora are both walking now and their personalities keep growing more and more each day. I'm really going to miss The Burns family (cats too)! Thanks for letting me come hang out with you guys! Nora- we'll have to skype soon!
Sister
The flights home were ok. The usual long flights that it takes to get home from Hawaii, nothing terrible happened though. I got another look at the beautiful scenery of the Seattle airport, and I had a surprise waiting for me when I came home!
Seattle Airport


No comments:

Post a Comment