Saturday, March 5, 2011

Life Lessons

A few weeks ago, while helping out in children's church, it turns out I was the one that was really receiving the lesson that was being given. Being a kid myself, I guess it takes a kids level for something to actually sink in and make any sense to me. My grandmother has basically been preaching this to me for years, (and no offense G-maw) but I just didn't really wanna listen at the time. It's the simplest most life changing thing too. Want in on my secret? Give your problems to God and let him take care of them. Now where's the easy button when you need it?

As simple as it may seem though, it is hard for me to follow, being the hard headed, ignorant, self sufficient female that I am. I understand it and it all makes perfect sense, but when it comes time to actually do it, I get so caught up in all that is happening, and forget.

For instance: this whole week. I honestly don't know where to start. I could start with the weather and how it has been completely overcast and raining and just down right depressing. Or how I had planned for my whale watching sunset cruise, my massage, and a few days of just laying on the beach relaxing... to all take place during this week of nasty weather. Or perhaps the tire that blew out on me on the middle of one of the busiest highways in Hawaii, thirty+ minutes from anyone I knew. Anyways, you get the point. A lot of problems. Everything turned out ok in the end, but they would have gone a lot smoother if I would have just calmed down and let God deal with them. I just learned the hard way that my blood pressure rises a lot more when I try and take it all into my hands.

The weather here has not been what you would imagine Hawaii to have. And as I mentioned in my previous blog, I get depressed if I'm without sunshine for awhile. My whale watching "sunset" cruise was scheduled for Friday. So much for a sunset, let alone many whales. Bummer. Then to top it off, after leaving Waikiki, the flat-tire-two-hour ordeal occurs. Great. Thankfully, Mike was a calming blessing and came to the rescue. Looking back now, (hind sight is always 20-20) if I would have just stayed calm and let God deal with it, I would have been a lot better. Flat tire fixed, check. Rainy weather cleared, check. I even saw a pretty sunset this afternoon. Saw whales this morning on my way to the shark cage, check. See, God has a way of putting the puzzle pieces together, we may just not see the overall picture during obstacles.
This song played on my itunes recently and I thought it was very appropriate to this blog. Here's a clip of it with the lyrics. Check it out.

"This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust, You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use"





No comments:

Post a Comment