Saturday, March 5, 2011

Good Ole NC


Being in Hawaii has been great. The scenery, the weather, good friends, two beautiful babies, watching television, adventures I wouldn't be able to do anywhere else, and... pineapple ice cream!
I mean, it truly is wonderful out here, but (and there is always a but) I'm about ready for home. There are things that North Carolina has that Hawaii will never have. And after five straight days of overcast and rain, I'm starting to become depressed, not being able to occupy my mind with something to do(I get this from my mother). So North Carolina, here are a few things that I am really missing today:

My crazy family and my precious cat
We're constantly aggravating someone else and we're hardly all at the house at the same time, but I wouldn't have them any other way. I miss constantly being asked if I want to watch a kayaking video, or being asked if I can lend some money. I even miss the baby monkey song being whistled and momma trying to talk to me when I'm drying my hair. I take them for granted sometimes, but I love them dearly, no matter how dysfunctional we may be.
My friends
They're awesome and I enjoy every minute I spend with them. I can't go on enough about how much they mean to me. I miss not having anything to do, and always finding someway to have a good time. Wether it be playing phase ten, finding a roof, corn hole competitions in the street, concerts, going to look at houses, watching a movie, visiting Kyle at the varsity, or just asking a bunch of random questions, I love it all because of the people I'm spending my time with.

My jobs
I truly have enjoyed not having to wake up at 4:30 5 days a week to go into work, followed by getting off work and proceeding to my other job. However, I have not enjoyed watching all my hard work dwindle down in my bank account. I'm ready to get back and immerse myself in the chaotic lifestyle or juggling two jobs and being able to do whatever I want. I'm blessed to have a job, let alone two that are so willing to work with my traveling lifestyle. I honestly enjoy my work, which is why I've been at both places for 5+ years. I miss my co-workers, the residents, and the customers.

Food
Right now I'm craving some Chick-fil-A. And sweet tea. There are a ton of restaurants that have yet to make their way to the island. Sure we have a McDonald's, what state/country doesn't? BUT these McDonald's are unaware of sweet tea AND they serve SPAM for breakfast?! No thanks, I'll take my sausage bagel, except oh wait... they don't have those here either. And a Biscuitville? Yeah right. TGIFridays? Nope. There isn't anyone to hook me up at the Varsity for 1/2 off pizza, or any specials at The Pig. We've got plenty of sushi, but what is sushi without a huge sushi boat to split with your friends?

Birthday Month Celebrations
March is a very important month for me. I was born of course. And not only was I born, but so was my twin brother. And wanna know who was born a day before I we were in the same hospital? My very best friend Kristyn Flinchum. A day before her, our good friend Andre Stewart was born. A day before him? My very attractive assistant manager. With a few more of our friends being born around the same time we were, it calls for a whole week of birthday celebrations. So tomorrow starts off the start of the birthday celebrations, which means my birthday is four days away. So guys, celebrate for me and I'll do the same out here, but we're definitely all celebrating together when I get back!
Andre, Myself, Kristyn, Michael

So North Carolina, know that you've been missed since I've been gone. Today especially.


No comments:

Post a Comment