Thursday, March 3, 2011

Swap Meet Deals

If I'm not working or sleeping, you can be sure that I'm probably spending money. But I like to buy as much as I can for the money I'm spending, which makes the Aloha Swap Meet a great place for me to walk around! It's a huge flea market type place where local vendors gather to sell a bunch of touristy junk, but you can find some neat things! It is in the parking lot of the Aloha stadium, and it wasn't until I had walked around it almost twice that I realized it took up the entire lot and I was seeing repeats. Lets just say I got my walking in for the day, but I did come across some good souvenirs.
Swap Meet
I purchased quite a few t-shirts, some jewelry, and the greatest thing I saw there was this:
This is no ordinary coconut, oh no. And it's even more than just a painted coconut. It's very genius actually, or maybe I'm just amused WAY too easily, regardless, they got my money. It is a very clever way to send mail, because it is indeed a *drumroll*.....
POSTCARD!
I mean, is that not cool or what?! A coconut postcard! I can definitely say that it was my most expensive post card I've purchased and the one requiring the most postage too.
I also got a few jewelry pieces. The one that really got my attention was an Italian glass blown piece. It's of one of my favorite things, and it is a great way to remember this time in my life.
It was a good day at the swap meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment