Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Oh My What A Mess!

The number of suitcases I took to Hawaii: One.
The number of suitcases I had when I left: Two.
The problem: I didn't have room for the first suitcase full of stuff I took with me in the first place.
The solution: Clean out my closet.
The problem with this solution: My room is still a disaster.

I had the sudden urge to unpack my suitcases and get everything put away the day after I got home. Once I had the stuff out of the first suitcase, I realized I was in for much more than I had anticipated. I then unpacked the second suitcase and got to work on cleaning out my closet. I was getting rid of everything I no longer wore. I started to pick thru everything and make a get-rid-of-pile in the floor. I've had jeans and shirts I had been keeping for "I'll be able to wear these if I loose weight". And things that fell into the category of "I really like that and one day I'll find somewhere to wear it to." But this go around, I was NOT going to keep them.
After getting everything out that I was getting rid of, I had:
a lot of extra space in the closet,
a lot of extra hangers,
and to top it off, I found $88 in change that I had hidden from my siblings who tend to think it's theirs.
So after making a huge mess, I now have a clean AND organized closet (something I've never done), along with an extra $88 I had forgotten about. Now if I could just find the motivation to clean the rest of this room....

No comments:

Post a Comment