Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Beach Bums and Lots of Flowers

Today is Valentines Day obviously. Being a female, I should be excited about this day. However, and it's not because I don't have a significant other, I have always thought the idea of Valentines Day was stupid. A waste of money if you would. A Hallmark holiday in between Christmas and Easter designed to sucker those poor men into thinking they have to buy their lady of admiration flowers, cards, candy and such. Ok I'll stop hating on this day of love, I mean after all, at least some men really try and put effort into it, and a lot of women love this day. I'm just not a romantic I suppose.
Since it's here though, we took full advantage of it and headed to the beach! Nora and Holden had a blast! That is once Holden calmed down and got over the initial fear of the ocean. Poor thing. Jessi set up a play tent complete with a tunnel! I think I was more excited to see this contraption set up than the twins were. We had buckets, shovels, rakes, and every other toy imaginable to potentially build a sandcastle. The kiddos played in the sand and tasted it too. By the end of the day, as every beach trip goes with kids, we were all covered in it.
Holden R. Burns
Nora G. Burns
Just making sure it was safe for the kids...
Happy Valentines Day from Hawaii

Upon returning home and putting the babies down for nap (which the beach definitely tuckered those two out), Jessi and I watched Sex and the City 2. When the kids woke up, we got them all dolled up in cute outfits for the special day and took them to Chili's where we were gonna get dinner and a sweet treat. After dinner, we decided against dessert since apparently Hawaii Chili's don't have an apple crisp type dessert, and the twins don't eat chocolate. When we got home, we had a quick photo-shoot with them in their outfits, and a star studded performance of a Moulin Rouge song by Jessi and myself. After bath and reading, we put the munchinks to bed and went to watch another movie.

Jessi's date
My date
Kisses for Holden
Kiss for Auntie Megan

Jessi, knowing she was suppose to receive flowers from Mike, was at the point of thinking they weren't going to make it today when all of a sudden the door bell rang around 9:30. To my surprise, Jessi said "Megan you got flowers too!". Thanks to a thoughtful Travis, I wasn't left out. And since Mike had sent Nora flowers a few days ago, we currently have three vases of flowers to decorate the downstairs with. What a great way to spend a day I'm not so fond of. It's definitely been a day I won't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment