Saturday, February 5, 2011

Youth

I miss being a kid. Not having to worry about a thing. Laughing. Playing. Nap times. No jobs. No bills. Stress free.

Funny how when you're young you can't wait to grow up, and then when you do grow up, you wish you were still young. I like to think I haven't grown up. Sure, I've grown older and I have to deal with bills and jobs and such, but I'm still a kid at heart. I enjoy my Disney movies, and I still act like a child.

Any who, point of this rambling, today we took the twins to the park. Made me recall times when my mother would take us to the park. We have several around town. We never knew them by their correct names, just a way in which we remember them. For instance we would want to go to the Red Park. Red being the color of the slide. Or perhaps the Horsey Park, for they had horses to ride in the place of swings. There was the Muddy Park I recall. I'm pretty sure this park got it's name due to the fact that I fell into a mud puddle trying to get out of a swing.

Seeing the twins laughing while being pushed in the swings was heart warming. Watching Holden playing in the sand, smearing it all over his face, as if nothing else mattered (and it didn't) was priceless. There's just something about youthful innocence that makes everything else in this dim world seem less dim.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."


Two quick things before I go though. Recently Jessi and I have been watching the American Idol auditions. Pretty great stuff usually but in case none of you saw this (and I can't say I did, Jessi showed it to me online) you need to check it out. Vote for this guy if you're a voter.


Also, I just finished The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins. I highly recommend it. I'm going to start on the next book in the series tomorrow, but for now it's bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment