Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Eyebrows and Stop Signs

Three things that make me uber excited: getting new things, sunshine, and umm... oh yeah! Skyping with my friends! All of which occurred today. I was told during this skype session, that I must blog everyday. Now as much as I would love to do that, (and as much as I'm going to try) that may just not be possible. Sorry guys, I still love you.

After the babies left for their play date with the triplets, I had the day to myself. To be honest, I had no idea what to do. After showering, doing a few things around here, and a much needed skype date, I ventured out to do what I do best: spend money... but wisely.

Ross stores across America always seem to lure me in, ALWAYS. I got a few new dresses, pair of shoes, running shorts, and a hair dryer. After going to Ross (I got my monies worth) and then Target, the last thing on my agenda, every girls favorite thing.. get my eyebrows waxed. Now, I've had a few awkward instances with this process, but todays tops them off. Usually, and I'm very aware of how red my skin gets, the stylist will say something along the lines of "Wow, you're really red" or, "Do you normally get this red." Occasionally, I'll hear "You have very nicely arched eyebrows", something to ease the awkward silence that entails the 10 minutes it takes to get ones eyebrows waxed. Today, I had a male to wax my eyebrows. I'm ok with this. Who knows, maybe he'll be better than females. WRONG. I walk back to the back and within seconds of me sitting down he asks if I turn red. I told him I turn VERY red. Just a heads-up so he wouldn't be shocked like the rest. He proceeds to apply the wax and rip off the strips. When he gets about half way done he informs me that he's going to pluck the rest so I won't turn as red. I appreciate his concern, but I DESPISE plucking. I pay $12 every two weeks to have them waxed so I can avoid plucking. I'd rather be red and waxed than normal and plucked. Midway plucking, and my eyes are literally tearing up, he says "Hmmm, this eyebrow is blonder than the other one." Great. At this point I feel like a freak with bright red skin and an eyebrow blonder than the other. Don't worry, I survived the plucking, that still turned my skin bright red. He then proceeds to apply aloe on my "inflamed" brows. He lathers it on and tel
ls me to careful and let it soak in. After paying for this and tipping him, he gives me this:
Was he trying to imply something?

That may have been a long drawn out story to tell about my waxing, but I was baffled at the whole experience. Second thing that I found irritating about today. Stop signs. More specifically, four way stops, at busy spots. It almost seems that Hawaii would rather invest in stop signs than put up stop lights. Ok great, save electricity and what not, I get it. But I'm from North Carolina, four way stops are about as rare as unicorns and mermaids. Luckily, everyone else seems to know what is going on so when I haven't a clue, it works out.

So that was my day in a nut shell. Strange and awkward stylist and four way stops.


No comments:

Post a Comment