Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Day At North Shore



Wanna see some big waves, good looking surfer dudes, and catch a great tan? North Shore is the place to be.

Today, after dealing with fussy babies in the morning, Trent came and picked me up and we spent the day at there. It's exactly how I remembered it, except the waves are A LOT bigger in the "winter" of Hawaii. First stop: Pipeline. According to Trent, it's a world famous wave surfed by professional surfers. After seeing it, I could see why. I mean... I know I'm a GREAT surfer and all, but I'll leave that for the pros.

My only time surfing caught on camera a few years ago. Pro, I know.
Pipeline. It's hard to see, but there are a lot of surfers out there.
This picture is to prove to my mother that I can take a straight picture.

There were a lot of people watching the surfers, so I got a lot of people-watching in too. After pipeline, we went a bit further down the beach to a place called Sunset, I believe. Here, I actually got in the water for a bit, laid out and worked on my tan as well.

After leaving the beach, we headed for food. We stopped on the way so Trent could wash off at a nearby shower. Apparently when you dive into an ocean with raging waves, they have a tendency to knock you down, resulting in handfuls of sand in bathing suit pockets and elsewhere. Who knew? I took the opportunity to snap a few more photos.



After this brief pit stop, we proceeded to Haleiwa for food and gas. Now, tax time is one of my favorite things about the beginning of the year for two reasons. 1) I may get some money back and 2) I love to see the Liberty Tax people standing outside and waving. Rain, snow, heat, you name it, they're there. Well in Hawaii, apparently they have Liberty Tax places too, except they have shaka (hang loose) hands. Being from good ole North Cack-a-lakee, I thought this was the coolest thing. Ironically enough, right beside where we pulled over for gas, happened to be a Hawaiian dude dressed in his Liberty attire, waving to people. So what do I do? Get a picture of course!
In his mind he's screaming "typical stupid tourist"

We stopped at Cholos, a Mexican restaurant, for dinner. I got my fill of chips and salsa (my all time favorite), along with a fish taco. Very delicious I might add. Also, I tried my first ever Mai Tai. Overall a very scrumptious meal. We had a great time catching up and enjoying Hawaii, which is where I first met Trent. He's the one who taught me my amazing surfing skills.

After a great day out, I made it home in time to help put the kiddos down for bed and watch The Bachelor with Jessi and Sarah.

I didn't blog about yesterdays pool outing with the kids, but I'll share a few photos from the day that I think are absolutely adorable.


Nora with her mohawk
Holden trying to be like Auntie Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment