Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cooking With Megan

Having worked two jobs where I'm constantly surrounded by food, I don't cook often... if ever. And when I'm at home, I generally don't eat or food is bought from some other poor soul who had to cook it for me. However, when I do decide to try my hand at cooking, I'm not terrible.. just ask the boys of Western Carolina University. Since being in Hawaii though, Jessi has been my chef. For these two weeks while Mike is home however, I'm on my own again and since she made sure I had plenty of food, I didn't want to let her down so.... tonight I cooked! And I didn't even set off the smoke detector. What did I cook you might ask? A very simple pasta with chicken that I learned from my dear dear friend, JH. For those of you who are also cooking dummies, here's as easy how-to recipe, with pictures!
Got the ingredients, hmmm what now?

Well of course you're suppose to boil water to put the pasta in, while starting to cook the chicken. Just for the record, the piece of chicken I had selected was HUGE and still frozen. Trent actually called me in the middle of and I confessed to him that I was unsure of how I was suppose to cook this chicken. He suggested many a ways in which I could cook this mentioned half bird, and I went with the throwing it in a pan method.

That chicken takes up the whole pan!
The pasta well on its way

After draining the pasta and finally getting the chicken cooked all the way through, I put a small amount of Italian dressing over the pasta and garnished it with chicken slices. And Viola!, a simple and delightful dinner!
Ta-Da!

No comments:

Post a Comment